Beat it

Beat it

Meyer Lemons


 



If you read this blog regularly, you know that I take a small glass of lemon juice in the morning.  Its good for me and my gall bladder and several other parts of me, but the bitter taste was killing mw….okay I exaggerate….but it is an awful way to start the morning. So, I’ve started using Meyer lemons in place of common lemons. Meyer lemons are expensive, true, but they are sweeter than regular lemons and not as acidic.  They also have a beautiful floral aroma.  Meyer lemon is a citrus fruit native to China (The lemon is commonly grown in China in garden pots as an ornamental tree) thought to be a cross between a true lemon and either a mandarin or common orange.  It was introduced to the United States in 1908 by the agricultural explorer Frank Nicholas Meyer, an employee of the United States Department of Agriculture who collected a sample of the plant on a trip to China.


Laughter is the language of the Gods.- Buddhist saying