Beat it

Beat it

carrot juice

   My blood sugar has spike to the mid-200 range over the past two days so I had to back track on what I’ve been eating and I’ve narrowed the villain down to carrot juice.  I bought a top of the line juicer and I’ve been using it regularly and decide to prepared carrot juice sweetened with an apple. Big mistake.

   I’ve since learned that raw homemade carrot juice contains a lot of natural vegetable based sugar. Compared to even some very sweet fruit juices, carrot juice isn't far below them in sugar content. As far as the exact number is concerned, raw homemade carrot juice contains roughly thirteen grams of sugar in every eight ounce glass, a lot, in fact, too much for me and probably anyone else diabetes.   

However, you can cut the juice with water or add it to green drinks. But again, as I forget to remember, its all about portion control.